The Diocese of Jamaica and The Cayman Islands, inspired by the Holy Spirit and through the energetic and joyful discipleship of its members at all levels and of all ages, commits itself to being an assertive influence for good on society; and to locate, engage and serve the wider society wherever they are, through individual mission and ministry, in faith, hope and charity; and to inspire and enlist recruits in active discipleship as members of the body of Christ and new members/stakeholders of a growing and dynamic Diocese.
To bring others into a relationship with God in Christ through our witness, mission and service.
(Also known as Five Marks of Mission)
- To proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of God
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To challenge violence, injustice, and oppression, and work for peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and to sustain and renew the life of the earth
Pingback: Beach Clean-Up – The Diocese of Jamaica