The Diocesan Division of Training & Leadership Development
FOUNDATIONS FOR MINISTRY & LEADERSHIP
- Are you seeking to discern a call to ordained ministry?
- Would you like to broaden your theological understanding/develop and hone skills in Leadership?
- Would you like to learn more about Anglican traditions?
- Are interested in deepening your faith?
If you answered YES to one or more of the questions above, this program is for YOU!
What is Foundations for Ministry & Leadership?
A 1-Year Program designed to…
- Introduce features of (lay) ministerial leadership
- Explore aspects of Anglican Origins & Traditions
- Prepare leaders who are Emotionally Intelligent
How Will It Be Done?
- A hybrid teaching/learning method, facilitated by qualified, competent and experienced (lay and ordained) ministry practitioners, will be employed to expose and equip participants for effective leadership.
- Courses will run consecutively, engaged in each instance, over a period of between ten (10) and thirteen (13) weeks, for an overall program duration of fifty-two (52) weeks.
- The Program will consist of Four (4) Courses, viz.
- Introduction to Ministry
- Survey of Anglican Origins & Traditions
- Introduction to the Prayer Book…Its use in public & private worship
- Profiling the Emotionally Intelligent Leader & Dynamics of Leadership
Who Is It For?
- Lay leaders interested in deepening their theological understanding
- Persons seeking to discern a call to ministry
- Life-long learners interested in ongoing leadership development
- Persons interested in Learning [more] about Anglican Traditions
What Should You Expect?
- Online classes* and tutorials geared toward transformational learning.
- Opportunities for small group engagement of issues related to the theology and praxis of Anglican ministerial leadership.
- Exploration of contemporary ministry issues with a view to finding worthwhile and workable leadership solutions.
Are There Prerequisites?
- Commitment to full participation in all aspects of the program.
How Much Will the Program Cost?
- Each applicant will be required to pay J$ 45,000.00, to cover the cost of tuition and allowed access to full text online journals and other course material
- N.B. A Payment Plan may be discussed/arranged with Administrative Assistant, Ms Korrine Fairweather by calling 876-908-2826
How to Apply:
- Complete and submit the online application form
- Write a 1000 word essay outlining your faith journey and reasons for applying to the Program
- Provide a Character Reference from one (1) person [not your priest or warden]; this should accompany your completed application form and essay (see 1&2 above).
N.B. APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE OFFICE OF THE DIVISION OF TRAINING, ON OR BEFORE JUNE 30, 2023 to [email protected]
DETAILS OF ACCEPTANCE, WITH THE PROGRAM’S COMMENCEMENT DATE, WILL BE SENT TO ALL SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS.