An Idyllic Environment
Nestled in the cool, scenic hills of North West Manchester, far from the bustle of everyday, city living, Camp Auchtembeddie is the perfect venue! We welcome church or sports camps, spiritual retreats, group meetings, family gatherings or groups seeking an overnight stop-over for long distance trips. Auchtembeddie offers visitors the best of both worlds.
• A rustic setting in which to enjoy the beauty of nature
• A paradise for plant lovers
• Open space, and paved area for fitness enthusiasts
• Nature trail
• Comfortable accommodation with modern amenities
• Freedom to explore the countryside in a safe environment
• Proximity to several of our country’s most famous attractions in the neighbouring parish of St. Elizabeth
• YS Falls
• Joy Spence Appleton Estate Rum Experience
• Black River Safari
• Apple Valley Park
• The Jamaica Zoo
• Accompong – the historic Maroon community
• The popular Noisy River in Manchester, and
• Oxford Cave, within walking distance from our property
The three-storey building which houses Camp Auchtembeddie offers comfortable accommodation with all the amenities of modern living. The property is fully fenced and gated with external lights for security.
• Five dormitories with total capacity of 80
• Bunk beds and storage shelves in each dormitory
• Private lavatories and showers on each floor, and urinals for men
• Fully-equipped kitchen
• Spacious dining/multi-purpose room
• Specialised audio-visual room
• Tuck Shop (to be stocked by patrons)
• Room for a sick bay
• Landscaped garden
• Gazebos with picnic tables
• Terraced walkways
• Paved area for fitness enthusiasts
• Water storage tanks and water heater
• Enclosed caretaker’s quarters
• We can arrange to employ a housekeeper for the duration of your visit, at an additional cost.
• Groups which wish to access the St. John’s Church next door will be required to make direct contact with the Rector.
At Auchtembeddie you will find a haven to refresh the spirit, recharge the mind and rejuvenate the body…UNDISTURBED!
For information about rates and to make bookings, please contact:
The Education & Youth Department Diocese of Jamaica & The Cayman Islands 2 Caledonia Avenue, Kingston 5 Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: (876) 926-8925; (876)920-2714
E-mail: [email protected]