St. Clement’s Mission in Kencot, St. Andrew will mark a major milestone with the celebration of its 100th Anniversary and annual Patronal Festival at a special Service on Sunday, November 23, starting at 10.30 a.m. Celebrant at the Service, which will be a memorable occasion, both for members and the wider community, will be The Rt. Rev. Dr. Robert Thompson, Suffragan Bishop of Kingston.
Located at 2a Crescent Road, St. Clement’s dates back to 1914 when a small wooden building was erected as a Chapel of Ease for members of St. Andrew Parish Church and St. Luke’s Church, Cross Roads. The building, which fell into disrepair, was restored in the 1990’s, and St. Andrew Parish Church assumed responsibility for the Mission.
Over the years, the Mission has been the home for a range of community activities and services, including skills training, homework assistance and youth programmes. Church Services and Sunday School classes are also held weekly. The success of these initiatives has been credited to the energetic enthusiasm of the Board of Management under the leadership of Mrs. Sybil Thompson who spearheaded the re-birth of the Mission.