The Diocesan Division of Training & Leadership Development
- Are you seeking to discern a call to ordained ministry?
- Would you like to broaden your theological understanding/develop and hone skills in Leadership?
- Would you like to learn more about Anglican traditions?
- Are you interested in deepening your faith?
If you have answered YES to one or more of the questions above, then this new training program is for YOU!
What is Foundations for Ministry & Leadership?
A One Year Program designed to…
- Introduce features of (lay) ministerial leadership
- Explore aspects of Anglican Origins & Traditions
- Prepare leaders who are Emotionally Intelligent
How Will It Be Done?
- A hybrid teaching/learning method, facilitated by qualified, competent and experienced (lay and ordained) ministry practitioners, will be employed to expose and equip participants for effective leadership.
- Courses will run consecutively, engaged in each instance, over a period of between ten (10) and thirteen (13) weeks, for an overall program duration of fifty-two (52) weeks.
- The Program will consist of Four (4) Courses, viz.
- Introduction to Ministry
- Survey of Anglican Origins & Traditions
- Introduction to the Prayer Book…Its use in public & private worship
- Profiling the Emotionally Intelligent Leader & Dynamics of Leadership
Who Is It For?
- Lay leaders interested in deepening their theological understanding
- Persons seeking to discern a call to ministry
- Life-long learners interested in ongoing leadership development
- Persons interested in Learning [more] about Anglican Traditions
What Should You Expect?
- Online classes* workshops and webinars geared toward transformational learning.
- Opportunities for small group engagement of issues related to the theology and praxis of Anglican ministerial leadership.
- Exploration of contemporary ministry issues with a view to finding worthwhile and workable leadership solutions.
Are There Prerequisites?
- Commitment to full participation in all aspects of the program.
How Much Will the Program Cost?
- Each applicant will be required to pay J$ 45,000.00, to cover the cost of tuition and allowed access to full text online journals and other course material
- N.B. A Payment Plan may be discussed/arranged with Administrative Assistant, Ms Korrine Fairweather by calling 876-908-2826
How to Apply:
- Complete and submit the online application form
- Write a 1000 word essay outlining your faith journey and reasons for applying to the Program
- Provide a Character Reference from one (1) person [not your priest or warden]; this should accompany your completed application form and essay (see 1&2 above).
N.B. APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE OFFICE OF THE DIVISION OF TRAINING, ON OR BEFORE JUNE 30, 2023 to [email protected]
DETAILS OF ACCEPTANCE, WITH THE PROGRAM’S COMMENCEMENT DATE WILL BE SENT TO ALL SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS.
Foundations for Ministry Application Form link: https://forms.gle/8cSXCm7jjCoeE7Lh8