The Diocese hosted a dinner at Alhambra Inn on Thursday, January 25, in honour of the following persons who have retired from the Diocese and who who have served for a combined 172 years:
– Mrs. Laceta Morlese-Brown – Served for 50 years as Secretary to five Lord Bishops
– The Rev. Canon Denzil Barnes – Served for more than 16 years as Diocesan Secretary
– Mr. Gwilym Monteith – Served for more than 46 years and continues to serve as Senior Accounting Officer at Church House
– The Hon. Dr. Barbara Gloudon – Served for more than 50 years as Communication Consultant to the Diocese
– Mrs. Carmen Bromley – Served for 10 years as Director of Mission and Ministry and General Secretary of the Jamaica Church Missionary Society
They each received a gift presented by the Chancellor of the Diocese, The Hon. Mrs. Justice Zaila McCalla.
Master of Ceremonies at the function was the Hon. Michael Fennell, Chairman of the Diocesan Financial Board.